Saturday, November 1, 2008

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT...WHITE CLAY!







What a great day at White Clay...we had such a blast....I went to Fair Hill to meet up with Randy and watch Gunnar race Cyclocross...while there ran into Leslie and saw Forset racing with Larry too...they decided to join us after the cyclocross race and come ride "Clay".../while unloading at the church parking lot we were talking about trail directions and what we wanted to see, well a fellow biker came up with a map and started showing us some routes to take....thats all it took we introduced ourselves and asked her to join us as a guide...So Hope took us on a great, fun, flowing, fast ride....man it was so much fun...the first time I rode Clay I loved it, it's been a year and it still gives ya a super feeling....we did the corkscrew which I had never seen that was an absolute blast!!!! As you can tell from the pictures, I did the skinny across the ravine, that was a trip...Randy laid down in the ravine and looking up clicked the picture...

And guess what...I rode my 26" RUSH...felt a little strange at first, but half way through Gunnar and I were jumping every berm in the pump track like section it was FANTASTIC...then with less than a half mile left to the ride I discovered I had the rear shock locked out...it had a "little" give not much but hey I ride a hardtail so it felt okay to me...this next week or better I'll be riding the RUSH, should be fun, give me a new found appreciation huh?

If ya haven't ridin it...GO RIDE IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT.... Of course it's a lot of fun with someone that knows the route....

More pictures on my flickr.

Ed

2 comments:

Gunnar said...

sweet pixs ed!

cableguy46 said...

Thanks Buddy...but yours and your Dads were the good ones too....I'm going back there this weekend...