Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Die of Shock, Selling one of my Bikes



Yes I am parting with one of my "babies"...my 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 Large size for $1800 (great deal). The seat post and saddle will get swapped back to stock...I'm keeping the Thompson Masterpiece and Fizik saddle. This is the bike that made the difference in my racing a year ago...it moved me up in my finishes, light weight, quick, snappy a pure joy....November 07' decided to jump on the band wagon and get a Single Speed...do the "winter training" thing (yeah right)...well when I went to California got hooked on racing the single speed, so I didn't ride my Rush except for the Sea Otter Classic in April 08', a ride at Boggs in NoCal May 08' and then not until Sept. and then the last couple weeks about 4-5 more times...I'm hooked on the 29er thing...went out tonight to my usual (even in the friggin cold)Patapsco on my Superfly and really missed it...Jason made a comment that I was alot faster tonight....wellllll.....IT'S THE 29ER THING!!!...so I'm getting a Niner Jet9, a Full Suspension 29er...:) ahhhh light, 4"(mistake...3.1" and/or 100mm) of "cush" and fast, should be fun...so there it is the bike and the reasons for selling my old beloved...next will probably be the SS Rig due to Doctors orders...
Check out my flickr for the folder titled Cannondale Rush for pictures of the bike.

3 comments:

grannygear said...

The Jet is light and fast, but is not 4" of travel.

Still, bet you will like it...a lot.

grannygear

cableguy46 said...

ooopppppssss....3.1" and/or 100mm

Gunnar said...

nice thats sweet. i can't believe you saw the tooth to thats so weird. I cant beleive that. I herd the niner full suspensions are sick i bet your guna love it!!