Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rides the last few weeks









The exciting part of the last couple weeks was that a buddy from the west coast that I met while I spent the spring out there showed up here on the east coast...took him around locally and did some east coast style riding...BJ was amazed at the trails and tech riding that we have....went this past Saturday to Patapsco, met up with a few of the Tuesday night guys, Manuel, Nathan, Eujin (with his awesome ne Ti bike)and had a fun ride...BJ used my Carbon Rush, which is perfect for the trails we rode....and BJ rides a hardtail at home so this gave him a nice "plush" ride...then on Sunday we went out to the watershed at Gambrills and hooked up with Fernando & Loretta...this as most of you know is much more technical then Patapsco in a "rocky" way...ironically I was the only one that DIDN't wipeout...fortunately it was just some bumps, bruises and blood...a couple were pretty scary...Loretta came within inches of her face on the rocks when she wiped out...thank god she was okay...
And then there was our group ride Tuesday night...we got approx. half way and I was still in the mood for more riding so a new guy, Jason, to the group decided to come along, low and behold Larry joined in to...just prior to the dam DH Larry did a quick endo, landing on his left side (he crashed his right shoulder approx. 6-8 weeks ago so that was close), but he stabbed himself with his sproket, and believe it or not he had to get stitches, ouch...thank god I've always "packed" my cuts with mud so I don't have to get stitches...:) Now Larry says he's going to retire till next spring so his shoulder can heal up and there wont be any permanent damge in the event he were to wipe out on it over the next few months...awwwww...

I've missed the Wed. night rides over the last few weeks, to tell ya the truth I'm a little concerned over my heart getting such an aerobic stress on that ride...it's kind of the opposite of my Tuesday ride, Wed. is a "hammerfest"...it's a great location and the guys are super but I really dont want to push it to see what could happen...worse case scenario I don't think the family would appreciate, neither would my fellow riders having to deal with those kind of hassles, so for now I'll forgo te "hammerfest" until after my next doctors appointment in November....

To all thanks for the last couple weeks, and I look forward to the next few weeks...Gambrills with the gang, bike flea market this Saturday, the Jamboree coming up November 2nd and I'll go out to ride and watch the Marsh creek race on the 9th, wish I could race the course is fast and fun...but for now I'll just "ride" it...c-ya all soon...Ed

3 comments:

Kyle Miller said...

Haha, thanks Ed it was really fun and I can't wait to do it again next year.

cableguy46 said...

So did ya get some good deals? Did ya get that helmet for the price you wanted? It sure was fun!!

Anonymous said...

Good to see ya feelin' good and ridin'. I've been off bike for 6 weeks or so with the new baby and some mild injuries incurred on my last ride (nothing major, just bumps and bruises). Trying to get my schedule re-aligned to start riding and training again. Planning on a few team relay 24 hr events next year (using my 30ft RV as our base of operations). Hope I get to catch up w/ you next year.


Jim "beergut biker"