Monday, December 15, 2008

The fate of winter.....


IT SUCKS...the time has changed and as we all know it gets dark early...and earlier yet right now...at least on the 22nd it starts going the other way...and it can't change fast enough for me. And now the weather is screwing with the routine weekday rides...trying to find a day to ride was a pain last week with all the rain...I know there is the trainer (yuck)... riding is more than just pedaling...it's about time spent with your friends, being outdoors (preferable soaking up the natural vitamin D, which the doctor tells me my blood is lacking and has me taking supplements) and seeing beautiful places you've never been...WELL WINTER IS REALLY MESSING WITH ALL THAT IS DEAR TO ME...I wish I could click my heels together 3 times and make it all go away...I know I NEED TO GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA FOR THE WINTER...god that was perfect timing last year...then when we all have the time to ride, and the weather wants to cooperate...along comes what they call hunters!!! We all have our personal opinions and since this is my blog...
...oh well..I didn't start this blog to get into things like that or political points of view so back to the weather....again IT SUCKS...so nothing I can do about it...but take advantage of the days when I can ride...I really went out and messed myself up too...I got a DH bike in winter...yikes not good timing, the DH/Freeride parks are now ski runs...WINTER...BAH HUMBUG...Its nice during the late spring or early Fall when the sun is warm, the days are long, the choice to ride is almost everyday or at least pretty much anytime you want to...So it's back to the Gym...I'm going to drown myself at the Gym...I've been away for awhile, and man it feels like it...
Happy Trails everyone.

2 comments:

kris said...

Hey you comin back to CA to ride in early 2009? Sounds good!
By the way, come over to the norcal board now and then, mkay?
cya
kris/nobal

cableguy46 said...

Yeah looks like I'll be in Calli in April...but I'll be in SoCal at Vista, my daug. is having a baby...I was going to contact Scott about meeting me down there to show me that awesome run through the San Diego mountains with a DH of like an hour or better.