Wednesday, December 31, 2008

AHHH Almost another year gone by


Figured I better post since it will be the last one for 2008...amazing how quickly time goes by...it is so true what was told to me and everyone else when we were young "time flies as you get older"...damn if it isn't true...looking at my poor little puppy laying on the couch sleeping all curled up she has white hair on her face now...she turned 9 yrs old this month on the 3rd...I'm going to be a "GRANDFATHER" again this coming April, my third grand child, amazing...I always remembered and imagined and actually experienced "grandparents" as OLD...they have gray hair, wrinkles, missing teeth...DAMN THATS ME, I'VE GOT ALL THOSE, HOLY COW, I'M A REAL GRAND PARENT...Yikes...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....See the picture above...sure looks like it to me!!! Funny the last few days of every year they always talk about who has left us this past year...now this is when you start really thinking (trust me young guns, this will hit you sooner than you think, so quit thinking I'm "waxing" ridiculously)...and realize a number of the popular famous people are ones that you have grown up with, some are your age, yikes...MORTALITY sucks....so what does this have to do with biking....

hmmmmmm....

Well, as some of you have followed all this stupid writting I do and for those too that know me well and hang out with me...I have had some experiences this past year with my health that has lead to a "re-evaluation" or better way of looking at it "re-discovery" my skills have not wained just my physical well being...the harder I try the weaker I get...So I have learned a new avenue and/or approach to riding....and that is "when in doubt (when the heart starts to pound to hard), dismount". I have been having a real great time meeting alot of new friends and having a blast with our rides...I just now take it a little more easy especially on hill climbs or when everyone wants to "hammer" I just have to settle into my rhyteum and "let go and let god"...thats my speed now. So far so good...

BUT....there is another way to bike that can give you a rush like nothing else...and that is going down...yep DOWN HILL/FREE RIDE...I picked up a Downhill bike in hopes of learning and experiencing this excelleranting speed riding...this is definenetly a concept I can grasp...crazy, fast, fun, and no uphill pedaling (or very little) then shuttle via truck/car/chairlift back up to the top...I am very pumped about getting into this more...have only been out a few times and it is SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Looking forward to a whole new group of friends this spring/summer to meet and hang with, even figured to keep the racing spirit going by maybe giving a try at a few DH races...

You know even though riding is such a love, I believe the gaining of friends fullfills our lives more so than what it is were doing..it's simply a common denominator that brings us all together, at least for me it is...and a HUGE thanks goes out to EVERYONE OF YOU...thank you for being friends I appreciate how you all can tolerate me at times...(another beauty that comes with age, the older you get the more of an asshole your allowed to become HAHAHAHAHA)

Happy New Year to all of ya...I appreciate everyone of you and hope we all can enjoy a super year coming up...Pray for us all.

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

same to you!
happy 2009 saison!