Friday, August 15, 2008

NEW VW




Got rid of the camper van but stayed with the Volkswagen Family (my first car was a '72 VW SuperBeetle)...Now its a 2008 GTI...fun little car, FAST (which we all know I like), no more 0-60mph in 1:30 like the van...more like seconds...heck the darn speedo goes to 180, of course it is governed to 130...MPG is pretty good too....at least 30 on highway....I lack the sleeping inside like the Van, but I still have all my camping gear and tent, that'll work, and I have doen a test fit too, and it fits...already have the roof mounted bike rack (love it) and all my biking gear in the trunk...pick'ed it up last Saturday and had the 12 hour race on Sunday...bike with both wheels off fit in the car with gear...(didn't have rack until Wednesday)...Love'in the hell out of it so far, all the "kids" like it!


The 12 hour race was great fun...there were approx. 60 riders, tons of SS even a super rider on a fixie...rode a few laps with him...20 years old and very strong to climb all the hills we had to do...TONS of climbing...by the 8th lap (8 hours into it) my legs were turning to jello trying to get up the hills...I have no idea how I finished up compared to others...I did 8 laps in 9 hours and change...they were going to call the last lap at 6:15 and there was threat of thunder, lighnening and rain apporx. 4-5pm, didn't really hit though...waiting on the results, will post when I get them and some pictures too...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the Thurs. Iron Hill ride, Raining like cats and dogs at my house and I had stomach "issues". Will be at Iron Hill race tomorrow though catch up w/ you there. My e-mail is derailled from the blog, but if you have a facebook account we have a big group page called Fairhillbillies and you can get all of our e-mails through that or call/text me at 302-388-3885.

cableguy46 said...

Thanks Jim...I didn't head up cause of the rain too...but will do it next week...c-ya tomorrow, no facebook account here, never even been there.
Ed