Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Trip Home

I left California on the 30th of May to head home...yes my job is completed, I did as instructed (very successfully I must add), therefore my lay-off was complete too...so now I am headed home to find new endeavours in my life...as you know it would be GREAT to find some sort of career where I could ride my bike all the time...such a dreamer as always...okay back to reality...
I intended my trip to be as quick as possible (safely too)...my plans were as follows:

Day one (Friday)- leave CA...arrive at KOA either west side of Salt Lake or just inside WY...
Actual - left Sunnyvale, CA approx 11am, arrived Wells NV approx 9:30pm.

Day two (Saturday) - leave either of the above locations and arrive in Omaha, Neb.
Actual - left Wells Nev. and arrived just to the east of Laramie, WY.

Day three (Sunday)- leave Omaha, Neb. arrive at Uncle Dan's in Chicago...
Actual - left Laramie arrived on westside of Omaha, Neb.

Day four (Monday) - leave Chicago and try to make it home...
Actual - left Omaha heading to Chicago...broke down in Iowa City, Iowa stayed the night...

Day five (Tuesday) - should have been home.
Actual - leave Iowa City, stopped for dinner in Chicago at Aunt/Uncles...cont. on to Toledo, pulled over at 2 am for few hours sleep.

Day six (Wednesday) - should have REALLY been home.
Actual - woke up at service center at 7am left for home...southern PA BIG storms...freeways closed at Frederick, MD made to pull through town...FINALLY MADE IT HOME LATE AFTERNOON.

Glad to be home...get back to family, friends, races and oh yeah, have to find a new career!!! Wish me luck all...

ED

No comments: