Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last Ride In California



Well, Wednesday night after work was my last ride in Ca...it was fitting that it was on my SS and with some climbing...but best of all was the company...some of the BEST people you would ever want to meet and be able to call your friends...missing a few that I would have loved to ride with..Chum and his new bride Sunshine, Gordon (from the races), the Zen master of course, Marco, Jeff and his better half too...the group I had the priveldge of riding with are the best though...Caryn, thank you so much for being so wonderful! And Scott, you are the man...loved trying to keep up with you on your SS with the experience..."I could have been a contender..." under your tutilage...BJ love ya man, you and I could have had fun hanging out Bro...next time you see me my tri's will buldge so big they'll put Caryns to shame (god I hope), the new guys like Collin and Mica (ms???) it was great fun...loved your DH style!!!!...and Kris, thanks for befriending me at the races...I was beginning to lose hope in the Ca. racers being a little to "uppity"...but you showed me the way....thanks for everything man...your ready for sport, take it on get the extra riding per race it's great, it's humbling, and it's worth it...took me 4 months to move up from last...:) oh yeah the ride...well it took place again at Lake Chabot just outside Hayward in the east bay area...really beautiful from way up top after some big breathing exercise climbs...the views of the bay are spectacular...the DH single track along skyline is such a blast, especially the tree stump....


And then to read your doing a WEEKEND campout on the 13th...AFTER I LEFT!!! Darn, oh well another time I'm sure...this winter, my birthday on the 28th of Dec. I'm going to try and be at my Daug.'s in San Diego, Scott we'll have to do that DH run in the Cuyamecas...I'll keep you up to date on that idea as time gets closer....



I'm in Hot and Humid Omaha Nebraska tonight (June 1st) on my way home...and there are bugs...lots of them...I forgot how misrable it can be here in the summer, for that matter the winter too, and...oh heck I know just move BACK to CA for the PERFECT weather...:)


No comments: