Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WHERE MY TRIP STARTED









For those of you that are not real familar, my work and life changed dramatically near the end of January. I was informed that I could either take a one day notice for lay off or make a temp move to San Fransico Bay area for a 5 month notice...so I took the 5 months (help to get things in order)...plus GREAT weather for lots of riding...always thinking of riding...well I certainly have been able to do alot of that...since I have been out here I have had the opportunity to do up till now 6 races with my 7th this weekend and 8th the following weekend. After work is either road bike 25+ miles or gym and stationary for hour after weight training...my computer on my road bike now has over 700 miles since I've been here...


What an experience the racing has been...there really isn't an off season out here so WOW are the racers in great shape...I moved up this year to Sport class so that has changed as far as caliber of racer and the distance is really something here...every race has been 20+ miles...really getting used to that now...but the big change has been my Single Speed...my first race I used my geared Carbon Cannondale Rush...but since then I have only used my SS and am really getting to love it and become very comfortable with it...who knows may just stick with it for good...one thing it really has made a major difference in conditioning.


The race scene is somewhat different out here too...more on the diff's and comparisons later...


I will start posting pictures from the start of my Journey from when I left Baltimore and started my travels across America...as you'll see in the photos, I have a Volkswagon Euro Van Camper which has proven to be perfect for the travels and races...miss ya all back home and am enjoying making new friends while I'm out here in California.

No comments: