Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sad News Today




Today is a sad day for us...Our beloved "Best Friend" had to be put to sleep...she has had a few seizures over the last few years and unfortunately she had one just a couple weeks ago and then this past evening she had another one. This morning she couldn't move, so I took her to the vet...sadly she had alot of cancer and therefore because she was such a vibrant outgoing girl it was just to hard to allow her to have to go through alot of surgeries and suffering...she went very peacefully in my lap (one of the hardest things I've ever had to do) but I was glad I was there for her...She will be missed very dearly by Jennifer and I, our day to day world will be very out of sync for a bit, but we will manage...even though she was "just" our pet...we were just like what I used to laugh about when I was younger...the old folks replacing the kids when they left home with a pet and they treated their pet better than the kids...YEP THAT WAS US!!! So she was a BIG part of everyday...heck Jennifer always got up every morning earlier than I just to take Sweetie for a walk...Jennifer will probably get me up tomorrow and want to walk me...:), there are countless routines that invloved Sweetie that we are sorely going to miss...thanks to all for your prayers and the affection you used to show Sweetie, we're going to miss her...God Bless!

5 comments:

Gunnar said...

oh Ed i am very very sorry to hear about Sweetie. I hope your doing okay, hang in there.

Anonymous said...

oh edd, i'm so sorry!!!

Unknown said...

Jen & Ed,
I am very sorry for your loss of a dear family member. I know exactly what you are going through as I had to put down my cat last year. Not the same as a dog, I know, but still a family member and dear friend. Things will get better and maybe you will find room for a new four legged friend. Not a replacement, but rather a whole new family member. Maybe a rescued pet...

Anonymous said...

Ed,

You do not know me well, but I just wanted to say I am sorry for what you are experiencing now.

Hang in there my friend.

James

cableguy46 said...

Thanks guys appreciate the condolences...yes we are going to get a new family memeber...she won't be available till approx. May, but we can't wait...in the meantime we are getting ANOTHER new family member...a Grandson in April...my youngest daug. in California is due then, Fantastic news.