Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Going to Try and Ride Again

Broke down and ordered a Chris King hub for my "play" rim...since I bent the hell out of my rear I9, decided to get that fixed, but in the meantime have to ride on my stock Rig wheel and it sucks...Have gotten spoiled with the instant engagement of the I9...and your right guys, I am "spoiled", but why not do it the best way...so I will relpace it with the Chris King and have instant engagement and yet have a stronger rim I won't be to worried about bending or breaking...actually going to put it on the stock Bontrager Race X that came with the Superfly...make it just a Single Speed for now (since thats the way the "Fly" is set up) and yet it will be a hub that could always become "geared" again if need be...and will be a "sweet" hub at that...

Going to try riding tonight, will take it easy, don't want to rip the stiches open, but dying to ride...so I'll wrap the leg REAL GOOD to hold it all together...and no POWERING up the climbs, if need be just hike-a-bike...should be well enough for Laurel Classic this Saturday (crossing fingers)...

Hope everyone had a great time riding this past LOOOOONG weekend..let us all know about your rides....


Ed

No comments: